Thursday, December 31, 2015

Meal Plan 1/1/16-1/11/16

Except for beans and rice on Mondays I don't stick to a strict schedule.  This is more like "2 weeks of meals I've already grocery shopped for".  This plan will likely last longer than 2 weeks because there will be occasional leftover nights.

In the case of this week, I was a bit overwhelmed the other day when I went to go put something in my freezer and there was no room.  I've decided to stay out of the grocery store as much as possible and work with what I have on hand.

Friday 1/1--Our first dinner of 2016 will be chicken breasts with a mushroom cream sauce because I have mushrooms on hand that I need to use before they go bad & because my family isn't big on chicken unless its taste is disguised :)

Saturday 1/2--Cream Cheese Chicken from CrockOn! by Stacy Myers.  My kids say this is their favorite food, next to ice cream so you KNOW it's good

Sunday 1/3--Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.  I've lost count of how many times I've put this on a meal plan.  Maybe this will be the time I actually make it :)

Monday 1/4--Beans & Rice

Tuesday 1/5--Homemade chicken soup in the crock pot

Wednesday 1/6--Chicken pot pie

Thursday 1/7--White Beans & Ham from Crock On! by Stacy Myers  Can you tell I'm a HUGE fan of this cookbook?  We love everything we've tried!

Friday 1/8--Pasta e Fajioli  We'll see how I make this.  Twice I've turned it into a crock pot recipe by preparing everything, as instructed, until it comes time to simmer the soup.  Instead of simmering it on the stove I've transferred it into the crock pot on low, until we were ready to eat.  (Both times I made it I needed a crock pot recipe so adapted this)

Saturday 1/9--Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos  As always I'll use a homemade mix (Pinterest is full of recipes) instead of the packages of ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning

Sunday 1/10--Undecided.  Leaning towards meatballs.

Monday 1/11--Rice & Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment